Lots to love for this wedding…
- It took place where I lived for 10 years of my life…my old stomping grounds of Columbia, Mo.
- I got to work with my trusty sidekick Courtney Tompson again.
- Molly & Travis wanted to book me more than my 15-month-out policy would allow…but they patiently waited and when my calendar opened for that far ahead, they pounced. That means A LOT.
- Oftentimes, I communicate mostly with the bride in the months leading up to the wedding. But Travis deserves “groom of the year” award because he stepped up to the plate and was my go-to for most things. And I hear…he delivered above and beyond for other facets of the wedding planning. Molly’s mom raved about him to me.
- It was so apparent how close both families are. They don’t take their love for one another for granted. And that same love and kinship flowed over to their friendships. Always a joy to be around and document that type of support system.
- Molly didn’t want it to be nonchalant when she saw her dad for the first time as a bride. I wish more brides would embrace this as an important moment in the day! So much emotion!!! (as you will see below.)
- Speaking of emotion… everyone was gushing with it all day long. Through tears, laugher, goofy faces… friends and family weren’t afraid to just let go!
- The flower girls were two of the cutest things EVER. I could have done a shoot just on them! haha
- Molly and her mom spearheaded the detail orchestrating and had a wonderful crew (including Travis!!) to help them out in bringing it all together. It was glorious to see all the personal touches.
- The flowers were expectedly amazing thanks to the widely known Kent’s Floral Gallery
- The cake by Edith Hall was a work of art…for the eyes and the tongue!
- Stephen’s College has a BEAUTIFUL ballroom for receptions!!!
- the bride and groom had amazing taste…in attire choices, in first song choice (Sister Hazel’s THIS KIND OF LOVE), in details, in color palette and in friends and family.
- It had been a surprise, but Travis recently has decided to change his career path…drastically…to match that of his now wife’s! Both are going to be dentists!!! Hence the toothbrush favors. 😉
- The candy table. Need I say more? It was elaborate and colorful and delicious.
For their complete gallery, go here.