This is a good comfort food…winter or summer…heck, spring or fall, too! We just serve the salmon cakes with buttered noodles and a side of veggies or salad. And not to sound all Rachael Ray on you, but it’s fast too!!!
2-6 oz. pouches of salmon (ready to eat)
4 finely chopped green onions
1/4 c. roasted bell peppers (from a jar), drained and chopped
1/4 c. mayo
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. cajun seasoning
1 egg, beaten
1 c. breadcrumbs
3 tbsp. butter
1. combine salmon, green onions, peppers, mayo, lemon juice, garlic powder and cajun seasoning.
2. stir in beaten egg and 1/3 of the breadcrumbs.
3. form mixture into 5-8 balls.
4. roll balls in remaining breadcrumbs, then flatten into cakes.
5. in skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
6. fry cakes 4 minutes per side or so until golden brown.
Makes 3-4 servings.