Ok…. so I always said once I have my own house with a kitchen that had enough counter top space that didn’t make me want to scream… and didn’t have a ceiling MADE OF horrendous florescent light panels (not a light, the entire ceiling was lights…) I would start sharing another facet of my life that I love….cooking. My eyes aren’t the only thing tasting the world!! 😉
Sooooooo…. welcome to my first of what I hope to be weekly postings of a recipe that I think is worth sharing. Please remember..I’m no chef. I’m a photographer who loves to eat.
First up….my favorite dish. It’s actually inspired by a dish from Ruby Tuesday’s (where I woked during college)…but I actually like my version better.Enjoy!
New Orleans Alfredo Tilapia, Bell Pepper Rice Pilaf & Broccoli
4 tilapia filets (thawed)Cajun seasoning1/2 c. of jarred alfredo sauce (I think we use Bertoli)2 TBSP. prepared pesto (usually found in the refrigerated pasta section)2 c. brown ricegarlic salt (or powder) to taste1/2 red bell pepper, diced1/2 green bell pepper, diced (or use orange or yellow!!)1/2 c. shredded cheddarbag of frozen broccoli florets
- Cook rice as instructed on bag/box.
- Meanwhile, saute peppers in olive oil.
- Season fish filets lightly (if you overdo it, and your seasoning has salt…it will be way too salty) with the bought Cajun seasoning.
- Slap those bad boys in a frying pan with a tad bit of oil… cook until flakes easily with a fork (typically 3-4 min per side).
- Once peppers are finished, put into the cooked rice, with the garlic salt/powder. Stir…and keep warm.
- In the pan that once sauteed the peppers, pour the alfredo sauce and pesto. Cook on low to heat up.
- Don’t forget to cook the broccoli! we just steam it in the microwave.