A darling family I shot back in 2011 referred ANOTHER darling family my way.
Reasons I loved this family and this session:
- Robin had little Miss Baylie just 6 months ago!! So she and I have bonded over the “new baby” thing. 😉
- Matt & his siblings actually went to the same high school I did in Omaha, Nebraska. It’s always good to touch base with people familiar with my old stomping grounds.
- Because of the family’s ties to Omaha…it seems they are dedicated Husker fans… In fact, Robin had Baylie early enough on a Husker game day that there was still time to get her cleaned up and ready to eat pizza and drink beer in the hospital room before kickoff.
- They even have named their dog after the best Husker coach ever… Osborne. 😉
- Baylie has a big brother. I love that dynamic.
- Gage, the big brother (4.5 years old!!), is called Pumpkin; Baylie is dubbed, “Sweetpea.” Robin & Matt find this amusing since Robin HATES vegetables.
- Gage was a great direction-follower. It wasn’t hard to get the “perfect” family photo…but some of my faves were the ones that stepped away from traditional.
- This family is all about compromise. Robin was envisioning an outdoor session in the green grass, with trees flowers and such. Matt wanted to go more industrial or public, based on a landmark location in KC. Their happy medium choice? The Nelson grounds.
So with that… now you can physically SEE which pics I loved!!!