I’m going to close out my mini sessions that were shot in Omaha LAST OCTOBER (yes, that is how behind I am with blogging!) with TWO sessions in one post. These two have a few things in common:
1. Both of these ladies are my friends.
2. Their names look like they rhyme…. Lara and Cara. But Lara is pronounced “Lah-ra.”
3. Lara AND Cara are both GORGEOUS mamas…and they have little GORGEOUS daughters. Carys (in the first set) will be 2 this July, so she was 15 months in these pics) and London was 2 in February.
4. Their husbands are great sports for not being super fans of being in pics, but they know how important it is to the woman they married. 😉
5. Lara AND Cara are both photographers. So they get lots of pics of their younguns but not so many pics of THEM in front of the camera with the loves of their lives. I know the pain all too well! So I am incredibly honored they trusted me to get some images for them to cherish in other ways.
6. Lara ANd Cara have been my assistants at weddings in the past (separately!). I love shooting with them!!
7. Both of them wanted sessions as late in the day as possible because they know all too well how amazing that end-of-day light is. And as you can see with these pics, it was yummy all over.
So here are Lara, Chris and Carys’s pics first. Love the color palettes. Love Carys’s playfulness, and I adore the color palette. My husband helped me out during these mini shoots and at the end, Carys signed MORE and pointed to Neil. I wanted to cry. How cute is that? She wanted MORE NEIL!!! who doesn’t? 😉 So many of their pics were textbook-dream session quality.
And lastly, Cara, Chuck and London. Cara always comes to the table with a vision, and I am always excited to work with her. London might not have been the smiley-est thing in this cold weather, but darn it, is she darling or what? All three together are simple picture perfect…and added to the golden light of late fall… I WILL EAT YOU UP! 😉
My most favorite shot of the entire mini session spectacle is this one….
Anyway ladies, thank you for coming to me! And for allowing me to watch your kiddos grow up on Instagram and the like. You both are amazing mothers, and I am so grateful to have pals who have so much in common (with one another, too!) with me as we walk this journey of being moms, wives, friends and photographers together!!! xo to you both. and to your fams!